We will miss you Grandpa. We're sad our time with you is at an end. We're glad you are now with your sweetheart again. It's the way it should be, you two together.
Scott's Grandpa Hilton passed November 6, 2009. With both of my grandpa's gone before I left Jr. High, he became a grandpa to me. My kids loved him too, and he loved them. He had an especially soft spot for Gabe and Isabella, who always had kisses and hugs for him.
He was an extremely generous man who always took care of his family. He was notorious for slipping his us money. He loved to visit but was sure to keep it short. He was always the first to arrive (10 minutes early) and the first to leave. He loved books and nuts which made buying him presents easy. There is so much more that could be said about Grandpa that I am failing to mention. I think the thing that impressed me the most about him is his love of his family. He will be sorely missed.
We all gathered together to remember and celebrate his life. As sad as funerals are, I always enjoy the side effect of having the whole family gather together.

After the service we headed off to the only place you really can take a group as big ours, Chuck-o-rama. I think Grandpa would have been pleased.


No comments:
Post a Comment