Friday, December 14, 2007

Party like it's your birthday!



I have gotten a little behind with my blogging as I often do. I would let it go but since this is my journal I am going ahead with the back logging.

Hayley had a great birthday. In fact if you ask her, it was "totally awesome". I took all the kids to the Discovery Gateway. My Mother-in-law met me there, bless her. All of the kids had a great time. They even had activities Gabe could enjoy. I am still kicking myself over forgetting my camera. Their favorite thing was a workshop we attended. In it we learned the difference between physical and chemical reactions. We even got to see a few. Hayley could have taught the workshop. She knew every answer to every question. She really is quite brilliant. Even though it was crazy to have five kids at a museum, it was nice not to hear the words "I'm bored".

For dinner we went with Scott's side of the family to Tempannyaki. Hayley does not usually like restaurants that do not serve cheese sandwich but this is the one exception. Despite her picky nature she loves salmon. Go figure. All the kids loved to see their food cooked in front of them. We had an awesome chef. They've been asking to go back ever since.
Here is a video of some of the crazy fun at Tempannyaki.



We celebrated Hayley's birthday again on Sunday with my side of the family. This time I made the salmon. Actually I take that back. I bought the salmon but I put my brother Adam in charge of cooking it. He poured fresh squeezed orange juice over it, salted it and broiled it. It was very very good. I made the cake. It was not so good. For some reason I put olive oil in the recipe instead of vegetable oil. Not good. The kids ate it. So bottom line it was a healthier cake but not a tasty cake. Which was actually even healthier because it was too gross to eat. So for all those watching what they eat it was a good thing.

All in all Hayley had two "awesome" birthday parties. Thank you to everyone that celebrated with us.

No comments: