Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Fun

This easter we did many many great things. We had a week long celebration. My friend Mindy inspired me to spend the week leading up to Easter re-living the last week of Christ. Last year I got the book that she uses called ""A Christ centered Easter". Last year I only did a few of the activities from the book. This year I did a little better and did an activity almost every night. Our favorite night is Saturday when we have our "Jerusalem Dinner". We eat around a low table on pillows, which is my kids favorite part. We also eat food that Christ may have eaten. We had hummus, goat cheese, honey flavored yogurt, flat bread, olives, dried apricots, nuts, and roasted chicken. This year we invited the Taintors and the Rodgers to participate with us. I hope this is an Easter tradition I can continue.



We also spend Saturday at my parents house. All of the grandkids colored easter eggs. My mom and dad then hid all the eggs in the yard while we ate lunch. The kids then got to go on a hunt for their eggs. It was fun to have all of the grandkids together. With my brother going to Wisconsin for the next three years it will be a while before we'll all together at Easter.



After a week long of celebrating Easter we still had the actual Easter to celebrate. Before we went to church the kids got their Easter baskets. Along with their candy they also each got a Webkins. After church we went to the Turners for another Easter egg hunt and dinner. Judy has it down to a science. Each kid gets their own room to search in and their own color of egg to look for. It makes it a lot less crazy. We then had a nice dinner with them as well as Grandma and Grandpa Hilton.



I am so glad we celebrated Easter all week long. It really helped us to remember our Savior.

1 comment:

sandals said...

Where in the world did you get those gorgeous Easter dresses? BEAUTIFUL! So glad you are blogging again! I've missed you!