Saturday, December 13, 2008

girls staying up way to late


I have three friends that have been my friends for the last 8 years. For almost as long as that we have gathered together each December to exchange gifts. We were going to go out to eat but instead Shalynn had a deliciously wonderful idea of making dinner for us. Her and I kept it a secret from Mindy and Haylie. She didn't want them to try and help and I just love to surprise people. I picked up Mindy and Haylie and drove them back to my house. I told them that we had to go in and use the bathroom before our long car trip. It took Shalynn and I a long time to come up with a lie that I could deliver without laughing. They really were surprised and Shalynn had the camera ready to capture the moment. After we ate Shalynn's masterpiece we exchanged gifts. We each took our turns sitting in front of the tree to open them. Shalynn gave to me this year and got me a knife sharpener and a new game. She is practical but know my love of fun. It was perfect. I then whipped out my potions and gave everyone a pedicure. The best part was that Shalynn let us paint her toenails. I don't think she's had them painted since before she was married. Her husband has an aversion to strong smells, or anything with an odor. Love you Stan. We then did what girls do best. We gabbed and gabbed and gabbed. It took me three days to recover from how late we stayed up. Thanks girls. I love ya.

No comments: