Sunday, February 15, 2009

me so lucky

I like surprises. I really really do. I especially like it when they are BIG surprises. I am lucky enough to have a husband who knows this. This knowledge of this combined with his desire to spoil me rotten made this Valentines Day totally awesome. It all started a month ago. He asked me if I could please reserve the 14th for him. I think he said this so I wouldn't ask him what we were doing or nag him about making plans with other couples. I knew he was working on something so I left it alone. About three days before Valentines Day arrived he told me that I may want to pack an overnight bag. Then the day before he told me that our first stop would be the "park-n-jet". On Saturday morning I still had no idea where we were going or what we were going to do when we got there. He had arranged for my sister and husband to watch my kids and had even gotten a sub for my primary class. Very impressive. We got to the airport and it wasn't long before I discovered we were going to Las Vegas. Since we don't gamble I deduced that we were probably going to go see a show. He still wouldn't tell me which one. When we got to the airport however I noticed a huge billboard for "Phantom of the Opera". I didn't say anything because although I love surprises I hate it when I guess the wrong surprise. However, when I found out we were staying at the Venetian, where the show is playing, I knew I had guessed right. Our room was amazing. They even had bathrobes provided. Swanky eh? We had dinner at a really cool Mexican restaurant called Dos Caminos. It was muy bueno. We then went to the show. It was AMAZING. Vegas certainly knows how to put on a show. Scott has seen it more than once and he said it was the best production he's ever seen. After the show we had to do some obligatory gift shopping for those tiny people we left behind. The next morning we ate breakfast at the Bouchon. Scott got the french toast and it was the best french toast I have ever tasted. I got the oatmeal. It was good but not as good as the french toast, which really isn't that surprising. It was a wonderful Valentines present. Thanks honey. You're a keeper.


Short explanation of the photos.
1st off I forgot my camera. These photos were taken with my phone.
2ndly I forgot to take my camera out with us when we went to dinner and the show.

So now you know why the only pictures I have are of our room and breakfast. Kinda lame but that's all I got.

2 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

I thought that looked like the Ventician! Dan & I stayed there when we saw Blue Man Group. IT looks like it was an amazing break & tons of fun.

Unknown said...

me so jealous!
(of the food).
not a big fan of musicals. i know--i'm so ignorant. but maybe phantom is different though?