For my birthday this year my girlfriends Shalynn, Mindy and Haylie took me on a surprise lunch and shopping trip. Man I love surprises. Thanks girls. We went to eat at India Fusion. MMMMMM. Thanks Haylie for eating weird food you don't like. That's friendship. Thanks also for taking me shopping. It's nice to finally have pants that fit me. Sorry if I embarrassed you by yelling that in the store.
When I got home my family all came over for ice cream and cake. The last few years Scott has gotten me character cakes. They're always well done and she delivers. This year, after I knew he had already ordered my cake, I told him that he really didn't have to spend all that money on my cake. I would be just as happy with some strawberry shortcake. Turns out he had ordered me a Strawberry Shortcake cake. I guess we're kind of on the same wavelength.
After cake it was time for presents. Scott got me a new camera. It's very cool. He also gave me some money. Double cool. My in-laws gave me a gift-certificate to buy maternity cloths and cookbook. Lisa and her kids gave me some vinyl lettering for my wall and a mirror with vinyl lettering that Lisa made all by herself. Janie and Ryan gave me a purse that Janie's friend made. I love it Janie. And my parents added to my maternity clothes fund. Thanks to everyone. I am spoiled.
After cake we all went out to Tepanyaki for dinner. We like to mix things up in my family and eat desert first. It was super delicious. It was fun to have everyone there together. The kids love to eat there. That makes it easy when you're taking a lot of kids. Gabe even ate with chopsticks.
After dinner Hayley, Mystery, Faith, my Mom and I went to the General Young Women's meeting. It was Hayley's very first one. She was way excited until she realized it was longer than 30 minutes. Despite the fact that it was so "long" she was able survive.
Even though I am not really 28 it was a fun birthday. Thanks to all of you who made it so great.
No comments:
Post a Comment