Friday, October 30, 2009

"Big Kid" Halloween Bash

I like to dress up. Scott really likes to dress up. Thankfully not in women's clothing (unless you count that time he was Juliet and I was Romeo.) For about 10 years we have attended an annual Halloween Party. No Kids. This allows us to become the children you see? We have gone as everything from a Jack Sparrow and Pirate Wench to the "Corpse Bride" and Jack Skellington. We are starting to run low on ideas. A couple of years ago we finally discovered Hale Center Theatre costume rentals. We mean business. Serious business. This year we were at a complete loss. Then the wondrous folks at Hale pulled out this great costume for Scott. It was a breeze from there. Rumplestiltskin, the Queen, and a baby princess to boot. I was simply tickled to find another use for that blessing dress.


These friends of ours are serious too. Have you ever seen a better looking group? I guess I shouldn't say we all love dressing up. Some are harassed into it. More of us love it than hate it so for now we're dressing up.

The childlike behavior doesn't end with dressing up. Oh no. We have twinkie eating contests, blindfolded spoon games and eating until we are sick. I'm Holly and I like to dress up like a princess. Between you and me I think Scott likes the tights.

No comments: