Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chinese Temple Night

So, Scott and I had a great idea. Let's go to the Temple! Sounds simple enough doesn't it. We got my mom to watch my kids (when we have to leave Gabriel it's either my mom or Scott's mom) and headed over to the Bountiful Temple. We went here instead of the Jordan River Temple because my mom lives in North Salt Lake. Anyway, we headed out with our great intentions. As we pulled up to the Temple we noticed a sign that said "Closed for Maintenance". For some reason we thought this meant the upper parking lot was closed. So we headed for the lower parking lot. After seeing the next sign stating that they were closed for maintenance we clued in. The temple was closed. We are genuiuses. It is not that hard to check on this before venturing out. It wouldn't have really mattered anyway, I had left my recommend at my moms in the diaper bag. As I said, I am quite brilliant. There was a silver lining to our dark cloud however. The Mandarin is located in Bountiful. It just happens to be one of my favorite places to eat. I still love it after working there for six years. I always know just what to order and I am never dissapointed. All in all we had a lovely evening. Next time we want to go the the Temple we will be sure to check if it's open first. Unless of course we have a craving for some chinese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man i realy wanted to go to the mandarin with you guys but it was to late. maybe next time. love Ryan

Anonymous said...

we should all go to the temple after janie and i get sealed. It would be a blast!