Thursday, March 1, 2007

Satan has bad manners


Being a parent is sometimes like watching a comedy. Sometimes your kids say something that makes you laugh right out loud. It is so facinating to watch them learn. They take all the knowledge they get from us, school, church and each other and try to make sense of it. For example: Last night we had out home teachers over. Our kids were not quite done with dinner when they arrived so Mariah was eating the last of her chicken. When the lesson was over Mariah thought for a moment and then said, "Satan talks with his mouth full, huh? Jesus waits until his mouth is empty, and then he talks." I loves kids logic. I explained to her there is a difference between sinning and bad manners. At least she is thinking about the difference between right and wrong. And who knows, maybe she is right. Maybe satan really does talk with his mouth full.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story. I really think that Satan does talk with his mouth full. Mariah is very clever. You should tell your bishop what she said so that she can teach Gospel Doctrine.