Friday, June 22, 2007

We are all connected

I was thinking today about how no man is an island. I know that sounds cliche but I really can't think of a better way of saying it. Maybe that is why it is a cliche. There is nothing that we do that does not some how affect another. I was also thinking of how even a stranger can touch our hearts and inspire us. Sometimes this can happen by us listening to the radio, watching the news, reading the paper, or even by hearing about someone through a friend. I recently came upon such a person while looking at blogs. I have a couple of blogs I like to read, most of which are people I know. The other day however I was bored and none of my friends had posted recently. I decided to look at the blogs that Haylie has listed on her site. That led me to a blog that had this great story on it. So, I posted a comment. Funny enough she posted a comment on Haylie's blog addressing me. She told me to check out a blog that was listed on her blog. Follow me? So now I am reading this woman's blog regularly. She is battling lymphoma. She set up this blog when she found out two months ago to keep people up to date on her progress. It is kind of funny how I found a friend of a friend of a friends blog. I look forward to reading her blog every day. It is sad, funny, inspiring and heartbreaking all at the same time. Through my wandering I stumbled upon it. I thought I would share it with you. Reading it has helped me gain a little perspective. I hope that this stranger can inspire you the same way she has me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ack, I think someone just sprayed lemon juice in my eye. It won't stop watering. sniff, sniff. and those darn allergies.