Tuesday, June 24, 2008

moving on out

Saturday we helped Adam and Danielle get packed up for their big move. The men did the loading while the ladies did the cleaning. Adam likened loading the truck to working a chinese puzzle box. Remarkably it all fit. It was really fun to spend one last day with them. Even if Danielle made me clean out the fridge. She is so sly. She used the "I am pregnant and I will puke if I do it" excuse. He he.

After we got it all loaded up we headed out to dinner at the Shanghai one last time. We had a huge group. All of us were there and were joined by Danielle's family as well. It was great to be all together at a place that holds so many memories for us all. Afterwards we all lingered outside, not wanting to say goodbye. I was able to hold it together until Janie looked at me and we both lost it.

I am really going to miss them. We are planning to go out and visit and they will be coming to visit as well. I am also glad once more I have a mac. Adam has one too and we can video chat whenever we want. Well, as soon as he gets his internet. Right now he is using his neighbors and it isn't so good.

Have fun in Wisconsin you guys. We miss you.

1 comment:

House said...

i love that our family is close. it will be hard have such a big gap in miles, but i'm glad we all have web cams!