Wednesday, November 26, 2008

lookie what i made

My hall bathroom has needed an update in decorating for quite some time. I was simply lacking the motivation and inspiration to do anything about it. And then one day, while I was browsing pottery barn kids online, I met my muse. I finally found a shower curtain and rug that I liked for that bathroom.


After I received my order I was looking through their catalog and found that they had a bedroom that coordinated with what I had ordered. In the picture they had a decoration that I knew would go perfectly on my wall.

The excitement bubbled up inside me and I looked to see how much it would cost to order it. Then I realized it wasn't for sale. They really shouldn't do that. It's mean. I resolved at that very minute that I was going to make it myself. Scott cut down a dead tree in our front yard and I went to work. I know it's not as adorable as the pottery barn version but I think it turned out pretty darn cute.


There are still some additions I want to make but here is what I've done so far. I love that my bathroom is decorated. I even found some birdhouses to add to the decorations. yeah! I am feeling crafty.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, yeah. You are big time now. That's so cool! I want to see it in real life!

sandals said...

Awesome idea! I love that you love to craft!

Jen Hilton said...

Very Cool. You did a great job! I think December brings out the best of our craftiness.

House said...

you are so creative big sis!

Kaydee and the boys said...

You're a girl with many talents. Good job my little Mexico pal.

Nan said...

Wow, I totally love that. Unfortunately, I couldn't get away with something like that in my house, because the leaves and the birds and bird nests were either end up strung all over the house, or the girls would probably add their own decorations to the branch.

Unknown said...

wow!
i'm so impressed!
did you catch those birds yourself?
you're seriously brilliant. i would never think of making this when i saw it in the catalog and now look at you! you little producer of cute tree branches!