Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Isabella's Birthday Festivities

I am still trying to catch up on my blog entires. I do this more for my benefit than anyone else's. Bella turned four years old on January 24th. It seems to be that we are starting a new tradition of holding two separate birthday parties in our family. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a day that works for both my side of the family and Scott's side of the family to all get together. Even though this can be a bit of a pain you will not hear my kids complaining about it. They love that they get to have two parties.

Bella's first party was on her birthday. What a novel idea eh? The Turner's came over and we had pizza, cake and ice cream. That's pretty much the staple for Turner family birthday parties.


Bella helped me make the cake. She did a wonderful job and everyone thought it was delicious.

As far as presents go, from us she got more furniture for her Dora Talking House, a tinkerbell dress-up (one can not have too many dress-ups) and some Dora bath toys. I had no idea what to get Bella this year. Instead of guessing I took her shopping with me. She only changed her mind a few times and in the end we were both happy with her selections. She still looked surprised when she opened the gifts.



From Judy she got the most adorable toys called Calico Critters. If I was a kid I would play with these. In fact I am not a kid and I still want to play with them. She got the Toy Store, Preschool and two families of animals to play with. Aunt Lisa got Bella her very own jewelry box to decorate. I think Bella made out like a bandit.

Because my side of the family was unable to come on her Birthday we celebrated at my parents house on Sunday. My mom had called Bella and asked her what her favorite food was. Bella said, "Pizza". This may be because we had just had Pizza and it was still fresh in her mind. I don't know if she really does have a favorite food. Unless you count chocolate milk and apple juice (she would live off of these if I let her). My mom had an individual sized pizza for all the kids and the adults got to enjoy some delicious salmon. We had cake and ice cream and of course more presents. My parents gave her some adorable P.J.'s, Adam and Danielle gave her a tinker-bell play set (she likes to play with this in her tinker-bell dress-up), and Janie and Ryan gave her a Go-Diego-Go rescue submarine.



Bella still has trouble blowing out the candles. I had to help her a bit on this one. Her hair nearly caught fire.


We had a great time this year celebrating Bella's birthday. Thanks to all of you who celebrated with us.

No comments: