Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Day

To start of my Valentines post I must write about FHE we had on Monday. I actually planned ahead! This is really not like me. We had a lovely lesson on loving one another and then we make valentine cookies to decorate and deliver to our neighbors. All of the kids had a blast. Even Gabe got in on the action. I can't say he actually made anything though. I want to thank those of you who received cookies from us and were brave enough to eat them.

The night before Valentines Day we were "supposed" to have a small snow storm hit. Nothing to worry about they said, should blow through in a couple of hours. This was not so. At about 3 the snow started to flurry and the winds began to blow. It continued on and the snow quickly stuck to the ground. It could not have hit with worse timing. School was letting out and as the storm really got going the evening commute started. Lehi was hit the hardest. School busses got stuck and many had to return to the schools where kids eventually spend the night. The worst part of the storm seemed to be the wind which created huge drifts.


We got our kids up to get ready for school and just before we were about to leave we discovered that school was delayed two hours. I hate it when I discover I could have slept in and didn't do so. I guess I should watch the news in the morning. Scott spend three hours outside helping neighbors clear out their driveways. He had to refill the snowblowers gas tank three times. The neighbors with north facing houses had four foot drifts up against their garage doors.

It was kind of nice to have the morning to spend with the kids. Especially because it was valentines day. It's usually such a rush in the morning that we really don't get to spend time together.

Scott decided to work from home. Yeah for me. What more could a girl ask for than to spend a day with her valentine? Bella and Gabe love having him around. I am not sure if he was able to get any work done. Bella sat next to him with my laptop so they could "work" together.

To top off a great day we went to Bucca di beppo with Judy, Paul, Lisa, Mikayla and Dallas. It was very very good. There Chicken Marsala is the best I've had anywhere.

I hope that you all had a lovely Love Day. I am so grateful to have so many to love.

No comments: