Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pioneer Weekend 2008



























I love it when a holiday is near the end of a the week. That way it turns into a weekend long event. We started off our celebrations by going to my in-laws cabin. We spent the day there riding the ATV's, reading and swinging on the swing. We also got to look at the little baby birdies right outside the back door. Unfortunately this was the only picture I look while we were there. I guess I was too busy having fun and relaxing to really bother with taking pictures. We spend the night and the next day after lunch we headed out to my Grandma Taintor's cabin. Gabe could not wait to get wet and found a sprinkler to play with. I decided we might as well all get in our suits and play in the river. It was very cold but this did not keep Gabriel from wanting to jump in. He kept saying "cowd, cowd" while pulling me into the water. His favorite thing was to throw rocks in. I grew up playing in that river. It was fun to see my kids playing like I used to. Jaden and Mariah were even brave enough to go down the river on a tube. I think the best part of the trip for Mariah was my cousin showing up with four chihuahuas. Even though they are not her # 1 favorite dog any more she made sure to tell me that they were definitely #2. We spend the evening sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows and eating smores. We spent the night and the next morning headed to my parents house for Ryan's birthday. Happy Birthday Ryan! Happy Pioneer Day too.



1 comment:

The Taintor Family said...

Man, that's some great tubing by Jaden.
Wish we could have been there.
Love you guys