Saturday, July 26, 2008

swimming


One of my favorite things to do during the summer is to go swimming at my parents pool. July is the best time to do it. They don't have a pool heater and depend on a solar cover to warm the water. Right now it is the perfect temperature. That is one thing that I don't like about year round school. We have three weeks in the summer to do our family trip with the in-laws, celebrate the 4th and the 24th and go swimming. We finally made it over to my parents before our summer was over. It has become sort of a tradition with Shalynn and me. Sometimes we are able to convince other friends of mine to come out with us. Usually though it is just Shalynn and me. This time my sister came over to join us with Elizabeth.
Our kids are getting older and it's getting easier for them to be on their own in the pool. Gabe and Bella would like to be on their own but still lack the necessary skills. We were only hit with a couple light showers. Nothing too bad considering that while we were gone West Jordan was hit with a huge storm that flattened my perennial garden. Now because of the storms it was a bit cold at times. I could tell when it was too cold because all of the kids would get out and hop into our warm filled kiddie pool. I had so much fun I think that after the kids start school Shalynn and I will go without the older kids. Shhh, don't tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always love the swimming pictures, they're so colorful.
k, i have a bone to pick witchoo. i have been every year to the swimming gig except for this year. gimme some credit. gosh! just kidding.

cute post with all the kiddies!

Holly said...

I is so sorry Haylie. Yes you do come with us too. :)