Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bella's Birthday Bash

A lot of kids like to have themes for their birthday parties. These are typically things they happen to be into. This usually works out to be a popular movie or toy that is fairly easy to plan around. Well, Bella really likes Short Round. This is one of the results of playing Lego Indiana Jones. I didn't even know his name was Short Round. She got a ball cap like he wears for Christmas because when Mariah asked for an Indiana Jones costume Bella asked for a Short Round costume.
So usually when I ask my kids what kind of cake they would like it's something that I can usually order at Wal-mart. Try ordering a Short Round cake. It's not something that is readily available. I would usually try to put something together myself but being in my first-trimester I am not feeling all that motivated. Luckily for me my good friend Haylie has an amazing sister in law. She makes custom birthday cakes and Scott usually has her make a cake for my birthday. I sent her a picture and working her cake making magic she managed to make Bella her Short Round Cake. Yay!

Bella got her Short Round cake and seems content with that being the only thing that tied into her "Short Round" theme. I couldn't even find Indiana Jones decorations. We got her a dozen polka dot balloons and that seems to suffice.
We had my family and Scott's family over for a skiyetti dinner. I am so grateful for my family and for coming to party after party for my kids. It feels like once July hits it's a monthly happening until January.
Bella loves her gifts this year and took opening them incredibly serious. She was very much down to business and even though she loved all her toys she showed very little excitement. She had work to do. Grandma Judy got her some clothes and some video games. Aunt Janie and Uncle Ryan got her a barbie. I think it may be her first one. Aunt Lisa got her some littlest pet shop pets. GrandMerry and Papa gave her a homemade bean bag chair, made by Grandmerry of course. And we gave her some clothes, a wall-e game and some Star Wars toys. Despite what everyone thought these were not for Scott. She really did want these for her birthday. It really was a great gift. All the kids play with them together. Uncle Adam and Aunt Danielle mailed her a card that she loved getting in the mail with a little money for her to go crazy with.
Presents got opened, food was eaten, and Short Round is no more. He was really good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

happy birthday shorty!