Welcome to a land of excitement, adventure, romance, and most importantly insanity. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as we enjoy living it.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
my three ninjas
It seems like every time I turn around my kids are having a belt test. This one came so fast I actually forgot. Well technically I only forgot Mariah's. I remembered halfway though Mairah's testing time and right before Hayley and Jaden's. We raced over to the school and then realized we were an hour early for Hayley and Jaden's test. I was definitely not on my best game. However this turned out to be a good thing. Mariah was able to work in a private test with one of the black belt students and harmony was restored to the universe. I love it when my major goofs turn out to be no big deal. Mariah passed her test and they even worked her in at the end of the other class's test to break her board. Hayley and Jaden passed their test as well. However neither one of them were able to break their boards. This belt they have to break it with a reverse kick. Not only was it a more difficult kick but they had to do three boards all stacked together. Their master usually lets them try until they break it but decided to change things a bit and only let them try twice. The kids who didn't break it had to sleep with their boards under their pillows until the Belt Ceremony, two days later. At the Ceremony Master Myler had the kids get up one at a time and break their boards in front of everyone. I have never seen Jaden with a more intense look on his face. They did it! In fact they made it look easy. I was so excited for them it made me cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations on the baby! Hopefully this wont keep you from the family reunion in July! August is a great birthday month too. Jess was born on Aug 19th. :)
whoa, Ninja. Cool.
Post a Comment