Friday, April 24, 2009

Taintor Week

After being gone for 10 months the Taintors finally decided to come and visit. It was so good to see them again. We also got to see baby Lucie for the first time. They arrived late on the 18th after braving blizzard, road closures and major detours. We had to wait until the next day to see them which was torture. We dropped by my parents house and had an awesome visit. I sure miss having them around all the time.



On Monday night we had a big welcome back BBQ for all of their family and friends who needed a little dose of "Taintor". Adam had brought some brats from Wisconsin and we had a very delicious dinner.




On Wednesday Bella, Gabe and I went to the zoo with the Taintors, my parents, and Elizabeth. It was a beautiful day and the cousins had fun being together.



After the zoo we ventured back to my house for a Luau. I made Kahlua pork, and along with rice, fruit, and delicious soup my mom made, we had a feast. We even had coconut cake to top it all off. I am pretty sure I gained a few pounds just from dinner. Adam and Danielle slept over and we watched a movie. Actually we all fell asleep, but it was the thought that counts.




On Thursday we went with the Taintors, my parents, and Janie to the Pioneer Memorial Museum. Afterwards we had our traditional meal at the Shanghai. No Taintor gathering would be complete without a visit there.



On Friday I went out to see Adam one last time. We had an awesome week together but it went by much too quickly. I can't wait until we get to see them again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you crazy blogger you!