Welcome to a land of excitement, adventure, romance, and most importantly insanity. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as we enjoy living it.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Why don't mommies get sick days?
I don't like being sick. I guess nobody does. I have a very nasty cold and I still have to work. I am not working very hard but my kids aren't letting me call in sick. They still need rides to swimming lessons and dance and can you believe they still want to eat? I wish that when us moms were sick a maid or a nanny would be automatically sent over. My house suffers when I am sick. I just can't make myself clean. Oh well. I guess that's the price I pay for getting to be a stay at home mom. Let's just hope my husband doesn't get what I've got. He would be flat in bed. Sorry Scott it's true. He would also get better way sooner from all that rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yea - guys are kind of wimps when it comes to getting sick. No need to apologize to Scott because it's true. :)
I hope you feel better soon!! I hate being sick as a mom, hopefully some day the kids are big enough to take care of you!
Sweetie, you are a real trooper. Hardly a complaint. Next time you're sick, I'll send a maid over, k? For the record though, I did take the kids to swimming lessons, twice. ;)
but Scott-- would you make breakfast, lunch, dinner, change allll diapers, dirty undies, do laundry, car pool, nurse and blog?
Nope, no way could I do all that. Holly's right, I'd be in bed - useless. She's a super-star, even when she's hacking up a lung and can't move her head from the pain in her neck. When I'm sick, she just has a useless, extra kid to take care of. And she does it so sweetly.
And, actually, those times I took the kids to swimming, once was when sick Holly took Hayley to a medical procedure at PCMC. The other time, hmmmm, can't remember now, but she was doing something else important, I'm sure. And, yes, she was sick then too.
Post a Comment