Tuesday, August 25, 2009

feeding my baby to the wolves

Maybe it was putting her hair in curlers. Maybe it was because today marked a milestone in her adolescence. Whatever the reason may be I think she looks 10 years old in this picture. So with the feeling that she is way too little and I am way not ready I sent my baby off to Jr. High. You should see her Jr. High. It's huge. What if she can't make it to her classes? What if she can't open her locker? What if she forgets where to go next? What if the kids are mean to her? What if she misses the bus after school? It was not so much a lack of faith in her as a lack of faith in the job I did to prepare her for this day.

She had no such worries. She was fearless. She did awesome. She loves it. I am relieved. She made it. My baby played with the wolves and lived.


No comments: