I love my two days in the hospital. I get to spend two whole days with my baby and hubby. With five other kids at home it's precious time for just the three of us. This is not to say that we didn't have our share of visitors. I love having people come to see me. Showing off a new baby at the top of my "favorite things to do list." With so many babies being born at the same time as Amelia they decided just to leave me in the delivery room. This made it extra roomy when people wanted to stop by, which was usually in large groups.
I was supposed to go out with my girlfriends on Friday night. We were going to get pedicures so my toes would look good during the delivery. You must have pretty toes whilst pushing. Because I had just given birth and was unable to venture out they decided to bring the party to me. They brought food from Zupas and a pedicure kit to fancy up my toes. They also came bearing gifts. Crocheted hats, frilly skirts, and leg warmers were amongst my favorite gifts. Shalynn even whipped up a yellow hat while we were chatting. Thanks girls. That was one of my favorite girls nights ever. 
On her second day of life was another steady stream of well-wishers. Gabe loves loves loves the baby. He is already calling her "baby melia" The pic of him holding Amelia in front of the window has to be my favorite pic of the whole year.

The pics they take in the hospital have sure come along way since we had Hayley. They are actually cute.

We came home on Sunday and had a nice quiet morning waiting for the doc to come check us out. Amelia is developing a splendid newborn rash and has a bit of jaundice we're going to have to watch. I am in love with my new baby. I am not sure how I am going to handle six kids but they won't let me stay in the hospital any longer.

1 comment:
Yea Holly for blogging! :) Love all the photos! You did a great job of capturing everyone who was there.
Post a Comment