Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANIE


I have this little sister named Janie. She is one of my very favorite people in the whole world. I just plain love her to death. She is turning the big 2-4 today. She tried to tell me how incredibly old she was. It made me feel real good about being 32. It is hard to believe that 24 years ago my mom was preparing to leave me and my brother to go to Costa Rica to pick up my baby sister. She had to fight very hard to get her home and had to spend three months doing it. I remember that being a very difficult time but I would not change it for the world. So what if my hair looked bad and my mom was gone. I was getting me a new baby sister. I was eight years old and it was just my brother and me. I love him to death but at that time all he did was bug me. My mom got back from Costa Rica a week before Christmas and I could not have gotten a better present. I know that she was meant to come to our family. I can't imagine not having her in my life. I also can't imagine her living in Costa Rica speaking spanish working as a cleaning lady. She is my sister and I love her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANIE!!!

5 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

She is so cute!! Tell her Happy Birthday from Me would ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I know your brother from school. I have a hard time imagining that HE is not your favorite person in the world. Janie is alright too, I met her at a birthday party once.

Mindy said...

Oh, I love Janie, too! Do you think that if she had stayed in Costa Rica that she would really be a cleaning lady? Is that just a country full of cleaning ladies? Hee hee just kidding, but I'm glad that she came over here, too. Happy Birthday, Janie!

Anonymous said...

Janie is beautiful. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

It's a small world afterall, it's a small world afterll, it's a small world after all it's a small smalll worlllllld!

(I'm just gonna' keep on singing this until you guys get home)

There is just one moon and a golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone. Though the mountains divide and the oceans are wide, it's a small world after all. it's a small world after all. it's a small world after all. it's a small world after all. it's a small..........