
I have a lot of things I wanted to report today but decided today should be instead of day of reflection. I remember exactly what I did on this day six years ago. The first thing I remember is my phone ringing. It was my mother-in-law. She said a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I remember picturing a little bi-plane and wondering why someone would do that. It took me a while to wrap my brain around what was unfolding on the television. It's funny to me the details I remember amidst the horror. It was the day Mariah first smiled, she was six weeks old. It was Hayley's first day of dance at her new dance school. I wasn't by a t.v. so I remember talking to the other mothers at dance trying to understand what was happening. When I was in my car I would listen. I also had my six week postpartum appointment. I remember telling my doctor how glad I was not to be giving birth that day. I missed seeing a lot of what happened live but was glued to the t.v. for the next week. I remember not getting a lot done. I remember crying for the people who were looking for loved ones. Hundreds of people had made posters and would plead with the public to help them find there lost family. I remember hearing the stories of heroism flood in. I remember feeling so proud of my country. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing an American flag. In fact you couldn't find one to buy. We became more united than ever. We weren't Demorcrat or Rebublican or any other party for that matter. We were all simply Americans. We were one big family that had suffered a very tragic loss. I think it will do every American good to remember that day. We as a country have become so divided. I just hope it won't take another attack like this to bring us back together again.
2 comments:
Very well written, Holly. My thoughts exactly. I really like hearing where everyone was when they heard about what was going on. Everyone's story is different
K, I can't believe you had 3 kids 6 whole years ago. That's kinda' funny.
Yes. I remember crying all day. Thank you for your sentiments.
Post a Comment