Monday, September 8, 2008

2 years old (seriously?)




My baby is two. Two years old. My baby. He has been with us for two years whole years. Is it just me or is two years not what it used to be. It used to be an eternity and now it's a blink of an eye.

Let me tell you a little about my boy. He can climb out of his crib and often I hear a knocking on his door after his nap is done. He loves loves loves Max & Ruby. When he gets upset he throws his binkie. He also does this if I have the door open and he wants to go outside. He thinks that somehow I want to follow the binkie. He loves to climb out of the tub during his bath and streak. He has a favorite blanket and must have it to go to sleep. He still loves his binkie. He likes to climb to the top of Mariah's bunk bed and squeal with delight. He makes the saddest frowny face ever. He is very sensitive and does not like to be scolded. This usually leads to him pulling his frowny face and throwing his binkie. His favorite food is spaghetti. He likes sitting up to the table like everyone else. He likes to play with the "big kids". He loves to be outside and especially loves to drive around in Mariah's barbie car. He has the most adorable blonde curls. He does a happy dance when you give him a cookie. He can speak in complete sentences (this does not mean we understand him). He can say a lot of words and even if he can't say them he sure does try. Here is a list of some of the words in his vocabulary.

Yah (his most oft spoken word)
Mommy
Daddy
Hay ee (Hayley)
Daden (Jaden)
Riah (Mariah)
Lel la (Bella)
Ruby (Max and Ruby)
be be (Binkie)
bankie (blanket)
Ma Ma (Both Grandma's and sometimes means papa)
Pa Pa (Both papas)
ga gee (Doggy)
ef fant (Elephant)
gash gight (flash light)
Nanie (Janie)
Abeth a beth (Elizabeth)
gink (drink)
cook eee (cookie)
gank oo (Thank you)
bite (says this whenever I am eating)
I ceam (Ice cream. Says this while squealing with delight)
Pease (Please. Says this while asking for Ice Cream)
Yeah! (what he says when you give him cookies or ice cream)
I get it
ook (look)
oer der (over there)
more
Die sore (Dinosaur)
Ceese (Cheese)
Na na (banana)
I sure love this little guy. Happy Birthday Gabe.

1 comment:

THE CHRIS' said...

Tell Scott that I need food storage for 5. A while back he sent me an email that was pretty much something to buy each time you go shopping, it was like a year shopping list, any chance you still have that?