
We haven't been to the State Fair in a while and decided to take the kids this year. We met our friends the Foisy's there. We pet the pigs and bunnies, went down the giant slide, ate a deep fried PB&J, saw the tiger show and watched a tractor pull. Other than the overwhelming smell of cigarettes, beer, and the occasional wiff of B.O. it was good times. My favorite activity was set up by the F.F.A. They had a cool set-up where the kids pretended to feed and milk cows, gather vegetables for market, brush a sheep, and pick apples. They then took all the goods they had gathered and exchanged it for play money which they could use to buy either milk or cereal at their market. The kids all enjoyed this and if they had let you do it more than once Gabe would have stayed there all night. Now I said that we saw a tiger show but really I didn't see it at all. We got there too late and all the bleachers were taken. The kids watched by standing on the backs of the bleachers. I watched the back of their bottoms. I have to say that the deep-fried PB&J was not worth the 1/2 hour line that you had to wait in. We were going to go on rides but when we discovered how much they cost we decided just to go on the giant slide. Hayley loved it. Jaden loved it. Mariah was terrified and wouldn't go a second time. Bella looked terrified but smiled at the end and went again. Gabe was terrified but I made him go twice. By the end of the second run he managed a giggle. It was good old down home fun all around, minus the stink of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment