Tuesday, September 9, 2008

mutilated cake, pizza and presents

Gabe didn't really know it was his birthday. He did however know that he likes frosting. While I was showering he found the cake I was decorating and "sampled" his cake. I was able to fix it so no harm done. Needless to say I guarded the cake a lot more closely after I finished it. I also fed his desire for frosting with a finger full of icing now and then.


We invited the usual gang for our party, minus Adam and Danielle who refuse to travel from Wisconsin. We all filled our faces on our usual party menu of pizza and soda.



Gabe really liked his cake. I was going to draw "Max & Ruby" in icing and at the last minute my genius friend Shalynn suggested we just color a picture and stick it on top. Did I mention that Shalynn is a genius.



Gabe was very appreciative of all his gifts (minus the clothes) and had a hard time moving on to the next gift. He loved all his gifts but his favorite was the Indiana Jones Mr. Potato head from Aunt Lisa.



Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate the birth of our little guy with us.

P.S. Has anyone noticed that no matter how long and hard you clean to prepare for a birthday party the morning after your house usually looks like this? I think the only worse "morning after" is after Christmas.

4 comments:

The Taintor Family said...

Next time we can have the party at our house

Mindy said...

So it's been awhile since I've been on your blog; what is this? Cute central? Hmmm. That sounds like something my mom would say. But seriously, way cute pages. I need a tutoring lesson from you. Hey - let's scrapbook this Wednesday! :) Cute cute cute Gabe!

Jodi said...

Like Mindy said, CUTE pages. Are you digitally scrapbooking or do you really have the time to sit and put them all on paper??? I need to do this!

Unknown said...

holly!
i love those digi-pages!
k, the first one where you took a picture of gabe's handprint in the cake is super funny. that's so cute! he will get a big kick out of that when he gets older.

i think we need to give shalynn an award or something. that idea was super clever.
i can't wait to hang out with you guys on thursday!