Thursday, July 19, 2007

Colorado Part 2

I never finished reporting on our trip to Colorado. Not only did we go to Mesa Verde but we also spent time in Durango and Ouray. I will not bore you with every little detail but I will say that it was the best trip I have had in a while. Our room in Durango was awesome. We could walk out our sliding glass door to the Animas river. It was cool because when we went on our river trip we passed right by our hotel and we got to wave at Grandma, Bella and Gabe.

We had a blast going down the river together. Hayley even got to help our guide steer the boat. We ate dinner that night at the Bar D Ranch. It was a genuine cowboy dinner with a show to boot. It was very fun and would have been a lot better if the kids weren't so darned tired from the river trip.

We then took a train ride to Silverton. It was very fun and very sooty. We were in an open car. It was a real life coal train which incidentally makes a lot of soot. It was a 3 1/2 hour train ride. Thanks to my in-laws for driving our cars there so we didn't have to do a round trip. I am especially grateful to Judy for doing this even though she was extremley sick. I can't imagine a seven hour train ride with seven kids. We then went on to Ouray which was my favorite place we went.















It is surrounded by the San Juan mountains which I think are the most beautiful mountains I have ever seen. We took an awesome Jeep ride up to Yankee Boy Basin. It was a very cool jeep that seated all eleven of us (Grandma had to miss out because she was still sick). Even Gabe got to go. They also have some natural hot springs there that we spend most of the afternoon in. I think this was the kids favorite part. It was beautiful surrounding with mountains on every side.
I love this picture of Jaden and Dallas. I wish I had a picture that showed the whole hot springs. If you want to see more of my trip come on over and you can sit through our home movie. We took a lot of video. I mean a lot. I would like to thank Paul and Judy for a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your trip because I'm so vacation hungry. Look how pretty your pictures are! Looks like Colorado is fun afterall. I would've never thought to go there. You can take me next time.