My Parent's stake did a float this year. My dad is on the High Council and was over the float making. I think they did a great job. Since they live in North Salt Lake they got to be in the Bountiful parade as well as the Salt Lake one. We went with my in-laws. They have friends that have a house right across from the park. It was great to have someone saving us a spot. It even had shade. The kids had a great time.
Welcome to a land of excitement, adventure, romance, and most importantly insanity. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as we enjoy living it.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
parading around
We aren't quite adventerous enough to go the the days of 47' parade but we can manage the one in Bountiful. It was last Friday night. 
My Parent's stake did a float this year. My dad is on the High Council and was over the float making. I think they did a great job. Since they live in North Salt Lake they got to be in the Bountiful parade as well as the Salt Lake one. We went with my in-laws. They have friends that have a house right across from the park. It was great to have someone saving us a spot. It even had shade. The kids had a great time.
Gabe wanted to eat his flag. He was really upset when we took it away from him. He kept poking his face with the stick.
My other four spent there time running to collect the candy that was thrown out from various floats. Bella had a very hard time with this. She just isn't as fast as those stinking big kids. We finally got candy ourselves and threw it in front of her whenever candy was dispersed. It was a very traumatic night for her. It was especially hard when a truck came by throwing stuffed animals. She was headed right for one when a very large boy ran her over and took the toy. Luckily another boy (younger than the first) saw her anguish and gave her his toy. All in all it was a great night out. Oh man, I just realized I don't have any pictues of Mariah. I guess with five kids someone is going to be left out. I think she must have been sitting on the grass next to Grandma.
My Parent's stake did a float this year. My dad is on the High Council and was over the float making. I think they did a great job. Since they live in North Salt Lake they got to be in the Bountiful parade as well as the Salt Lake one. We went with my in-laws. They have friends that have a house right across from the park. It was great to have someone saving us a spot. It even had shade. The kids had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Bella. That makes me want to go buy her a stuffed animal. Did beat the big kid up? I would've. Ha. Tell your dad great job on the float! Looks like a lot of hard work went into that.
That is a great picture of Gabe with the flag!
Post a Comment