Yeah, you read right. We lost Bella at Disneyland. Surprisingly enough this is not a bad place to lose a kid. They are very good at finding them. I am not recommending doing this I am just saying it was not as traumatic as you may think. We were heading from the Haunted Mansion over to Indiana Jones and somewhere along the way, we lost track of Bella. When we got to Indiana Jones we discovered that the ride was temporarily down. If it had been running we would have noticed then that Bella was gone. Yeah, it took us a while to notice. With the Nelsons there were eight kids all together. Because the ride was closed we did not do our normal split up and swap routine. Instead we headed in a large mass over to the bathrooms. It was not until everyone had pottied and such that I did my quarter hourly head county. Bella was no where to be seen. For some reason I did not panic. I think there must have been a whole troop of angels calming me down. Scott raced back to Indiana Jones and Shalynn went back into the bathroom. After about a minute of this we decided we needed more resources. We told a street sweeper we had lost a kid and he sprung into action. He took us over to the nearest store and they called security. They really are a well oiled machine. After a few moments they told us that they had Bella over by New Orleans square. This means that we lost her right after we headed to the ride. In fact I had just done one of my head counts. They must have found her moments after we lost track of her. They said they are always on the look out for distraught children. After 15 minutes they make an announcment. They brought her to us and she was very sad. They assured us they have not lost a child yet. Needless to say for the rest of the trip she wore a sticker with our cell phone numbers on it just in case. We also did our kid count much more frequently.
Welcome to a land of excitement, adventure, romance, and most importantly insanity. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as we enjoy living it.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Losing Bella
Yeah, you read right. We lost Bella at Disneyland. Surprisingly enough this is not a bad place to lose a kid. They are very good at finding them. I am not recommending doing this I am just saying it was not as traumatic as you may think. We were heading from the Haunted Mansion over to Indiana Jones and somewhere along the way, we lost track of Bella. When we got to Indiana Jones we discovered that the ride was temporarily down. If it had been running we would have noticed then that Bella was gone. Yeah, it took us a while to notice. With the Nelsons there were eight kids all together. Because the ride was closed we did not do our normal split up and swap routine. Instead we headed in a large mass over to the bathrooms. It was not until everyone had pottied and such that I did my quarter hourly head county. Bella was no where to be seen. For some reason I did not panic. I think there must have been a whole troop of angels calming me down. Scott raced back to Indiana Jones and Shalynn went back into the bathroom. After about a minute of this we decided we needed more resources. We told a street sweeper we had lost a kid and he sprung into action. He took us over to the nearest store and they called security. They really are a well oiled machine. After a few moments they told us that they had Bella over by New Orleans square. This means that we lost her right after we headed to the ride. In fact I had just done one of my head counts. They must have found her moments after we lost track of her. They said they are always on the look out for distraught children. After 15 minutes they make an announcment. They brought her to us and she was very sad. They assured us they have not lost a child yet. Needless to say for the rest of the trip she wore a sticker with our cell phone numbers on it just in case. We also did our kid count much more frequently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That would be very frightening. I'm glad you found her!
Oh my gosh! I would have freaked out. You are lucky. We love Bella!
I can't believe you didn't freak out. It's amazing what those blinding angels get away with, huh? I'm glad you found Bella. I'm glad Disneyland people are expert distraught children identifiers.
Post a Comment