I still have a few more stories to tell about our trip. I am bound and determined to tell all. Once nice thing about going to Disneyland for five full days is that you get to see everything. There are places in the park that someone going for a day or two might never see. One of these such places for us was Pirate Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. The kids had a great time exploring caves for lost treasure. That is until Mariah fell and received some major gravel rash on her knee. We had left our diaper bag on the other side of the river and had no way to clean her up. Because we didn't even wipe it with a kleenex it got pretty nasty looking. During this time our other kids had discovered the lost treasure. Captain Jack Sparrow was there to make sure no rotten little pirates stole his treasure. He was Captain Jack true as true. The kids would line up to get his autograph and he kept moving about like he was drunk and messing up the line. He wouldn't sign any ones book and would only grant you his signature if you let him do it on your pirate map. If you asked him for a picture he would say, "I don't have a picture." and walk away. Scott was holding Mariah while we were waiting for the other kids to get an autograph and Jack came right up to Mariah. He asked her what happened and she told him her gruesome tale. He thought it might be best to go get her leg cut off and replace it with a nice peg leg. He also suggested that she get a hook for a hand. Apparently they have a two for one deal going, it will only cost you an arm and a leg (his words, not mine). When he walked away (quite unsteadily I might add) Mariah said, "I didn't understand the language he was speaking."
Welcome to a land of excitement, adventure, romance, and most importantly insanity. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as we enjoy living it.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Mariah and Captain Jack
I still have a few more stories to tell about our trip. I am bound and determined to tell all. Once nice thing about going to Disneyland for five full days is that you get to see everything. There are places in the park that someone going for a day or two might never see. One of these such places for us was Pirate Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. The kids had a great time exploring caves for lost treasure. That is until Mariah fell and received some major gravel rash on her knee. We had left our diaper bag on the other side of the river and had no way to clean her up. Because we didn't even wipe it with a kleenex it got pretty nasty looking. During this time our other kids had discovered the lost treasure. Captain Jack Sparrow was there to make sure no rotten little pirates stole his treasure. He was Captain Jack true as true. The kids would line up to get his autograph and he kept moving about like he was drunk and messing up the line. He wouldn't sign any ones book and would only grant you his signature if you let him do it on your pirate map. If you asked him for a picture he would say, "I don't have a picture." and walk away. Scott was holding Mariah while we were waiting for the other kids to get an autograph and Jack came right up to Mariah. He asked her what happened and she told him her gruesome tale. He thought it might be best to go get her leg cut off and replace it with a nice peg leg. He also suggested that she get a hook for a hand. Apparently they have a two for one deal going, it will only cost you an arm and a leg (his words, not mine). When he walked away (quite unsteadily I might add) Mariah said, "I didn't understand the language he was speaking."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wha?! I wanna' meet Captain Jack! I'm jealous.
Post a Comment