Welcome to a land of excitement, adventure, romance, and most importantly insanity. I hope you enjoy reading about our life as much as we enjoy living it.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
I fianally put the bird to rest
I have been having a hard time doing dinners for my family. My afternoons are filled with Tae Kwon Do and kids. I decided I would get a leg up on dinner and cook a turkey breast I have had in my freezer for a while. I even thought ahead and took it out of the freezer a couple of days ago. It was 9:30 a.m. and I thought I better check how long I would have to cook it. I am feeling quite pleased that I am planning my dinner so far in advance. So, I look at the tag. I look again. The turkey must be sold by December 12th. 1995. This means that this turkey was bought the first year of our marriage. Probably given to us by my Mother-in-law in our Christmas gift box. This also means that we bothered to move it from our old house almost 8 years ago. We should have been thrown out long before then. I almost cooked a turkey that was older than my oldest child. I think it's time to do a thorough clean-out of the freezer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
are you serious? Ha! I can't believe you have been married for that long! You could have cooked it and given it to my dogs.
Wow - that is pretty scary. Note to self to check dates on my food. Not that they shipped anything from Maryland to Hawaii!
Thaaaaat's funny!
I love that because it is exactly something that I would do. Hee Hee!
Post a Comment