Tuesday, August 21, 2007

That's one way to do it.


Mariah has, or had rather, six loose teeth. Even though they were varying in degrees of looseness, they were all headed to the inevidible tooth fairy. Two of them are now preparing for their journey later tonight. I would like to say that they fell out when then were ready. This was not the case. There are many different ways I have heard of pulling teeth. Some wait until it is hanging by a thread & gently tug it out. Others tie it to a door knob using a string and WHAM. I have found another very effective method. While your child is drinking out ouf her sipper cup standing behind you, turn quickly and elbow her right on her sipper cup. This allows the sipper cup to slam into her teeth, knocking them out. I know, genius! It knocked one out right away and loosened another. It also took one of the teeth, one that was not very loose at all, and bend it back inside her mouth. We had to straighten that one out. We call it the monster tooth. It is still secured in there pretty tight. I convinced Maraih to let me try to pull the other front tooth out as it was hanging quite precariously. So now she has lost two front teeth and mangled another. Her smile is really quite lovely. I am glad class pictures aren't until October.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

OH MY GOSH! Poor Mariah. But she's lucky to get a double dose of tooth fairy tonight! I also have to say that what makes your blogs so great is your commentary. Maybe you are especially gifted at writing, or maybe you just put somuch of your personality into them that I can see you saying it all - and I quite like you. You are so funny.

Joy said...

Oh the poor thing!